April marks the new financial year for many and the start of a new budget.
The news on the economic front is positive at the moment, and so many organisations are looking to invest in the most expensive asset they have in the business – the people. This is one of my favourite quotes regarding training…..
“You really have three choices as a manager. First you can hire winners. They are hard to find and they cost money. Or second, if you can’t find a winner, you can hire someone with the potential to be a winner. Then you systematically train that person to become a winner. If you are not willing to do either of the first two (and I am continually amazed at the number of managers who won’t spend the money to hire a winner or take the time to train someone to become a winner), then there is only the third choice left – prayer.” From the One Minute Manager (Kenneth Blanchard & Spencer Johnson)
A variety of programmes from To Market
We have a variety of options to support businesses and organisations who want to invest in, and develop their customer facing teams. You may have lots of money to spend in this area, you may have very little. We try to ensure there is something for everyone.
- Team training in-house. We can provide classroom based training for teams of customer service, telesales, telemarketing and internal sales teams : usually 6 at a time. Most training we provide is 2 day, but one day stripped down versions of the course are available. This type of onsite dedicated training may run to a couple of thousand pounds but of course it depends on exactly what you want to achieve. Our courses are all designed to be interactive, engaging, and thought-provoking and above all FUN!
- Open courses. While this is the same material as the in-house courses, this benefits organisations who only have 1 or a few people for training. We put them together with other people from other industry sectors and let them learn from each other – again in a highly interactive, open way.
- Interim managers. Admittedly this involves a larger investment, but many companies know they need a bit of help setting up or improving the performance of the team : especially with outbound telesales or telemarketing teams. Employing an interim manager to help with very specific tasks over a defined time period avoids the overhead for you and the inflexibility of having to employ someone.
- Team audit. Most training programmes we run start with a team audit. 2 hours on-site where we listen in to your team. This helps identify the issues for your team and your business and is therefore tailored.
- Training on audio CD. We even have a range of audio CDs available through our sister business Associated Learning Systems which you can use for your own in-house training. You can buy them online using credit card or PayPal. Prices start at just £34.99 each delivered and so we believe there really is something for everybody.
Whatever budget you have from this April, from £34.99 upwards we have some ideas and products that will help you get better performance from your team on the phone. Being nice to customers and getting them to like you, builds customer loyalty, repeat business, your reputation and increases profits.
Contact us to get the wheels in motion for this coming year. And signal to your customer facing team that you value them and their job role. You can call us on 01858 461148 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.