Marketing half day seminar for Leicestershire businesses. I was pleased to be able to support the SPARK initiative which encourages and gives advice to start-up and young growing businesses in the South Leicestershire area.
I will be running this half day marketing seminar again across a number of venues in Leicestershire and Northamptonshire. It is designed to be an engaging session, and covers all the key methods you may want to consider in marketing your new and or small business.
We ran a very interactive morning session giving everyone the opportunity to share their views and experiences on the items we were discussing. A wide variety of businesses were represented and the session was designed to ensure everyone took some great ideas away with them – that they could use in their business. Starting from now!
We talked about;
- The role of customers in your business (!) the ones you want, the ones you don’t want, the need to identify your target market, where to focus your energies, building your prospect list
- Methods of marketing & how different things will likely work differently for different businesses. Our discussion included Advertising, PR, telemarketing, eflyers, mailers and networking. Then we were on to …..
- Social networking. The basics and key differences between LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. How they’re not all relevant to all businesses. We even considered and discussed the often voiced opinion that they’re all a complete waste of time and how they “don’t work for me.”
- Websites. Why you need one, how to get started easily and cost effectively and linked with this…
- Blogging. How it works. Why it helps with Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- How to understand the success of your website : the power of Google analytics.
- Strategy, Structure, Process. The need to build simple systems for yourself. How to record enquiries, analysing them and how to use the powerful tool of MATs (Moving Annual Totals) to help you see trends.
A series of half day seminars will be run across the West and East Midlands at venues in Leicester, Northampton, Kettering, Loughborough, Oakham, Coventry and Birmingham.
If you’re about to start your own business, or you have just started and you’re looking for some of the inside knowledge on marketing ideas for small business, let us know at email@example.com.